To build the MAPI Stub Library as MAPIStubLibrary.lib, do the following:
- Download and unzip the
- Download and install the
Outlook 2010 MAPI Header Files.
- Open the project for the MAPI Stub Library matching the version of Visual Studio you have. We provide project files for Visual Studio 2008 and Visual Studio 2010.
- Visual Studio 2008: The project file is located in the vs2008 directory. After opening it, go to Tools>Options>Projects and Solutions>>VC++ Directories, and add the directory for the Outlook 2010 MAPI headers prior to the Visual Studio
- Visual Studio 2010: The project file is located in the vs2010 directory. After opening it, right click on the MapiStubLibrary project and select Properties. Switch to the Configuration Properties>VC++ Directories node and add the directory for
the Outlook 2010 MAPI headers prior to the Visual Studio include directories.
- From the Release Configuration drop down, select Release, unless you're build a library for debugging purposes.
- From the Solution Platforms drop down, select Win32 or x64, depending on the flavor you need for your application.
- Build the project.
You now have a file, MAPIStubLibrary.lib, which you can link in to your project.